Knowledgeable Summit Workers Compensation Lawyers Guide You Through Your Claim
Handling workers compensation and third party cases in Summit, Westfield, & throughout New Jersey
Obtaining NJ Workers Compensation benefits may seem like a complicated matter. You should know that for any injury sustained during the course of your employment, you are entitled to Workers Compensation benefits regardless of who is at fault. As workers comp lawyers, the attorneys of Ventura, Miesowitz, Keough and Warner, P.C. have represented injured workers and their families throughout New Jersey for more than three decades. We pride ourselves on offering aggressive yet compassionate advocacy to our clients as we fight to recover the benefits they need and deserve. We are committed to seeing you through the legal process. You can rely on our reputation and knowledge to deliver unparalleled representation that keeps you informed of your rights.
Guidance from workplace injury attorneys in Summit, NJ
In New Jersey, all employers who are not covered by federal programs must have Workers Compensation Insurance coverage for their employees. Injured employees are entitled to receive benefits, regardless of who was at fault. These benefits include necessary medical treatment, temporary disability and permanent/partial disability awards through Worker’s Compensation Courts.
Workplace injuries can happen any time and are most often caused by the following:
- Slips and falls. Workers will often trip over objects left in walkways or fall on slippery surfaces, resulting in serious injury or even death.
- Falling objects. Construction sites and warehouses are places where workers often suffer injuries from falling objects.
- Malfunctioning equipment. A worker is often injured when a piece of equipment fails to work properly.
- Occupational exposure. Workers’ injuries are often caused by repetitive motions on the job or frequent exposure to dangerous chemicals or other substances.
The process of pursuing all of the benefits available requires great care. When seeking a workers compensation attorney in Summit, Westfield or the surrounding areas, turn to Ventura, Miesowitz, Keough and Warner, P.C. with confidence for thorough guidance through the process.
Burden of proof and third-party claims
An injured worker cannot bring a civil lawsuit against his or her employer for damages, unless the employer engaged in intentional or egregious misconduct certain to cause them harm. However, New Jersey State law does allow for third-party claims, meaning that an employee may bring a civil lawsuit for damages against any other responsible party and still receive workers compensation benefits from their employer. Examples of third party claims are:
- Industrial accidents involving machinery or equipment that is poorly designed and/or poorly maintained, or have inadequate warnings and instructions.
- Injuries sustained due to the actions of third-party contractors other than the employer.
- Unsafe conditions created or maintained by the landowner or business owner where the accident occurs.
- Automobile accidents that occur during the course of one’s employment.
In addition to representing clients in a Workers Compensation claim, the Westfield & Summit accident attorneys of Ventura, Miesowitz, Keough & Warner, P.C, investigate all possible third party claims. Unlike other workplace injury lawyers who might cut corners, we insist on a close inspection of the accident scene and equipment to uncover any potential third party responsibility. As a result, we are often able to obtain a substantial recovery over and above the benefits allowable in Workers Compensation Court.
Consult with a skilled workers compensation attorney in Summit today
Call Ventura, Miesowitz, Keough and Warner, P.C. at 908-277-2410 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. Remember, you don’t pay any attorney’s fees unless you recover damages from your workers compensation case or third-party claim. We provide office hours on evenings and weekends by appointment and can travel to your home or hospital room if you cannot come to us. Our office is accessible via Routes 24, 78, 287 and the Garden State Parkway. Our personal injury attorneys have served the residents of Summit, New Providence, Berkeley Heights, Westfield, Chatham and Madison, as well as injured persons in every County throughout the State of New Jersey.